If you also want to make your tea-time healthy and nutrient-rich, try any of these five best digestive biscuits in India.
A cup of tea is always comforting. Add to it the joy of biscuits or cookies. Comforting, isn’t it? While tea and biscuit isn’t exactly the most healthy combination to consume, you can make an exception sometimes with digestive biscuits. These fibre-rich biscuits can help you maintain a balance between your health and taste buds. We have curated a list of the best digestive biscuits to help you enjoy your tea time without compromising much on your health.
What are digestive biscuits?
Digestive or fibre-rich biscuits are delightful treats that are made with whole grains, bran, and oats etc., that are rich sources of fibre. The dietary fibre plays an important role in maintaining the health of your digestive system. Along with providing a satisfying snacking experience, it promotes the feeling of fullness, which saves you from overeating. These nutrient-rich snacks also help regulate blood sugar level because they contain less sugar or no sugar at all. It also promotes cardiovascular health by lowering the cholesterol level. But eating it in moderation should be your mantra!
Best digestive biscuits for health
Try these best digestive biscuits in India with your warm cup of tea!
1. Kikibix Cranberry & Walnut Oats Biscuits
The Kikibix Cranberry & Walnut Oats Biscuits is one of the best nutrient-rich snacks. It claims to contain no artificial flavours, colours, chemicals, refined sugar and white flour. It is formulated with oats flour, dry fruits, organic jaggery and jowar whole grains. I can be a great addition to your diet because it helps lose weight and are diabetic, PCOD, and PCOS friendly.
2. Dr. Schar Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits
If you are looking for gluten free digestive biscuits, these ones from Dr. Schar might be the perfect choice for you! This scrunchy and healthy biscuits are prepared using finest ingredients like palm fat, cane sugar, maize flour, soya bran, buckwheat flour and maize starch etc. It claims to be easy to digest and also helps manage menstrual concerns. Additionally, the brand also states that these biscuits don’t cause bloating, gas or headaches.
3. McVitie’s Digestive High Fibre Biscuits
The McVitie’s Digestive High Fibre Biscuits are enriched with the goodness of whole wheat. They are rich in fibre and are trans fat free. The brand claims that it is 100 percent vegan, so vegetarians can also munch on this delicious biscuit.
4. Gullon Sugar Free Digestive Biscuits
Looking for sugar free biscuits? Try the digestive biscuits from Gullon. It is made up of high-quality ingredients like whole wheat flou, maltitol, sunflower oil, vegetable fibre and salt etc. Relish these high-fibre biscuits with hot tea in the chilly winter evening along with enjoying its health benefits.
5. Britannia Nutri Choice Digestive Biscuits
The Britannia Nutri Choice Digestive Biscuits are prepared with refined wheat flour, whole wheat flour, edible vegetable oil, sugar, wheat bran, milk solids, malt extract, raising agents, and liquid glucose etc. This packet of healthy snacks can help you maintain your blood sugar level, cholesterol levels and body metabolism. It claims to be the good choice for vegetarians and contains no trans-fat.
6. Unibic Oats Digestive Biscuits
The Unibic Oats Digestive Biscuits are rich in protein and dietary fibre. It is prepared with ingredients like wheat flour, edible vegetable oil, sugar, rolled oats, liquid glucose, wheat bran, milk solids, emulsifiers, and iodised salts etc. Additionally, these biscuits claim to be low in calories and are perfect for the little hunger pangs in between meals.
What are the benefits of digestive biscuits?
1. Fibre-rich: They are rich in fibre because they contain whole wheat flour. It promotes regular bowel movement, healthy digestive system and prevents constipation.
2. Boosts energy: They are enriched with the goodness of carbohydrates, which provides a quick energy boost.
3. Nutritional values: These fibre-rich biscuits contain essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals, which maintains bone health and promotes the immune system.
4. Low in sugar: In comparison to other biscuits, they are lower in sugar. It helps manage blood sugar levels.
5. Maintain a healthy gut: These yummy snacks help maintain a healthy gut. The presence of fibre and other ingredients improve the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, which promotes digestive well-being.
How to choose the right digestive biscuits?
- Read the ingredient list and check if the biscuits contain whole wheat flour. Avoid the ones that contain excessive amounts of preservatives, refined sugars and additives.
- Opt for the one that has high fibre content. It promotes overall digestive health.
- Check if the digestive biscuits contain nutrients like iron, calcium, vitamins and minerals or not.
- Choose the packet that contains a low sugar level.
- Be careful about the excessive saturated or trans fats. Opt for the one that has a healthier fat profile.
- Check for the allergen information to avoid future health issues.
- Consider the price of the product and see if it matches the nutritional benefits or not.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)